Thursday, November 11, 2010

$3000.00 - I think not!! -UPDATE

*********************UPDATE*****************************

Here it is. I could not take the pain of my tooth any longer. The number 14 tooth will soon be missing from my mouth. I called my dentist to see when I could get in the soonest to get this pulled. She then stated that after further review of my  xray, I need to go to an oral surgeon. So instead of costing me 561.00 like my previous post stated. It is going to be alot more.

Just to get the tooth pulld is anywhere between 150-235 that includes the novicaine (sp?). I wanted the laughing gas as well as the novicaine so I have to pay an additional 75 dollars. Then if they can nuse my xray from my dentist thats all it will cost me. But, if they can't use the xray from my dentist its going to cost me another 125.00. Lets just say thank god I have an amazing boyfriend who its helping me out by giving me 250.00 towards my teeth!! Love him so much. Tomarrow morning he is taking me there so I can get my tooth pulled. I have off work for the first time in the 8 months since I started working at my job!!

So there you have it. The update on my dentist visit!










First of all, I had  a dentist appointment made for December 8th. I needed that time in order to get my money together for the visit. The other night my teeth were hurting me so bad that I was almost crying. Come to think of it I am pretty sure it was my sinuses. So my boyfriend told me to call and make an appointment as soon as I could get in that he would pay.

The next day I called and scheduled and appointment for today @ 9:40 a.m..

So today I got up early, ughhh. Thing is my early is someone elses sleeping in ;). Yet I still complain. Ha ha. Anyways, I got to the dentist and filled out my paperwork. For me to get an exam, four bitewing x-rays and a cleaning, it cost $106.00. Not bad for having no insurance. Once I was there they wanted to take an extra xray of my tooth that was broken ( an extra $16.00). My total today was $122.00. Still not too bad.

When I was living in Geogria and went to a "corporate" dental office, the space for each dentist reminded me of a hair cutting shop. It was not the best environment and I will continue to only get my dental work done at the small office dental place I go to now and have gone to since I was a little kid. The dentist in GA said that for all the work I needed to get done in my mouth would cost me $3,000.00!!! Keep in mind when I went to that dentist I had insurance. So the $3000.00 was my out of pocket expense after the insurance paid what it would. I decided I didnt have the money and was NOT going to get ANY dental work done there.

As you can imagine I was pretty depressed about having to go to the dentist in the first place, let alone wondering how much it would cost me to get my work done in the future, with no insurance! As to my surprise when I went to talk to the receptionist after my appointment was over, I was nervous. She was doing things on the computer and told me she was going to print me out a quote for my dental work that needs to be done.

She handed me the quote and on the bottom of the page it said $561.00!!!! I said is that for everything I need done? She said yes! So not only is it not going to cost me $3000.00 its not even going to cost me $1000.00!!!!!!!

Never in a million years did I ever think that the dentist office would MAKE my day!!

Lesson learned - when you feel something is wayyyyyyyyyy to expensive - get a second opinion before getting any work done!

2 comments:

One Red Daisy said...

I think there are people too, who are compassionate for those without insurance (I was like that for 12 years or more and only went when I knew I had a cavity...one tooth at a time). This is fantastic! This way, they only do the work you REALLY need. Sweet!

Stephanie said...

It was absolutely fantastic :)