Here you go, as I promised! The new series of my journey learning about financial freedom. I will talk about savings this time around. Many different ways to save and different things to save for. When I say savings I am not talking about retirement fund or emergency fund. I am talking strictly about savings. When you want to get out of debt or stay out of debt using a savings is a great way to get items you want.
Cash rather than credit. A great tool. Ever sense my bankruptcy I do not own any credit cards. Obviously, I got rid of them in the bankruptcy. Now I have a savings account with my new bank. Each week I put anywhere from five to twenty dollars in. Some weeks if its too tight I don't put anything in. When there is something I want that is somewhat of a big purchase, I will use my savings.
I will keep this short and end with a great tip. If you do have credit cards instead of just putting anything and everything on it, save cash for your purchase. Purchase the item with the credit card and when the bill comes use the cash you have set aside to pay the bill. This is how you don't go overboard on credit cards and can keep good credit.
As always, if you have any questions let me know. Comments or if you want to email me feel free to @ steph.gartin@gmail.com
No comments:
Post a Comment