1. What space did you decide to organize and why?
We moved into our apartment back in November of 2011, the spare room held everything that didn't fit elsewhere! I needed something to give me the motivation to get it all organized and ready for guests to sleep over if need be!
2. What steps did you take to ensure you completed the space within the 29 day timeline?
I worked mostly on the weekends because I am busy with my workout schedule and work schedule during the week.
3. What was the hardest part of the challenge for you and how did you overcome it?
Getting it done. I love to organize I really do, I just had so much junk and stuff that didn't have a place- very OVERWHELMING!
4. What did you do with the “stuff” you were able to purge out of your newly organized space?
Packed up a box of clothes and sent them off to my sister :) - found picture frames that will go on a shelf hung in the living room. Other than that not much needed to be purged.
5. Tell me one of your proudest moments during this challenge?
When I showed my boyfriend the final product. He walked in and said holy crap where did it all go?! and proceeded to give me a "high ten" instead of high five!
6. Explain any organizing “tools” you used to help you create additional space and to establish some limits and boundaries?
I used two rubbermaid type three drawer organizers. I have three totes that have seasonal clothes, yearly documents from the past few years, tote full of my boyfriends papers
7. What is ONE piece of advice you’d give to someone else to encourage them on their organizational journey?
Don't give up and set small goals that are acheivable!
Here are the before pictures:
And ladies and gents here is the final product!!
I also need to get pictures to put in the frame on the wall :)
This 3 drawer holds the sheets and extra fabrics
Holds candles and crafts
Three totes I spoke about earlier
My sewing table that doubles as a mini desk :)
Well there it is! So exciting to actually have a floor and be able to walk in there and work or relax if I want. The stand that the laptop holds is not the main desk in the apartment but it is my little mini desk if I need to use one. It's a sewing table and my sewing machine is on the inside if I shall need to use it :) .
Can't wait to go see everyone else's progress!!!
3 comments:
very nice - good work!
WEll you did good. It is so much fun looking at everyones after pictures.
It looks so nice and peaceful. When you said "I just had so much junk and stuff that didn't have a place- very OVERWHELMING" a light bulb went off. You cannot organize clutter. Purging has to be a key that I had never been able to do in previous attempts.
Post a Comment