It all started when the boyfriend brought home two huge packs
of chicken. They were on sale so he tends to stock up
when the prices are good.
This made me think, what can I do to cook the chicken
but have something other than chicken.
Make sense?
Let me introduce to you my Chicken/Turkey Chili:
This picture was not the finished product I honestly didn't even think
of taking a finished product picture! I was so hungry and it
smelled so delicious that I just dug-in!
The only difference between this picture and the finished
would be that the finished is thicker!
Not sure if you can see the little chunks of chicken in
the scoop but it has chicken and ground
turkey in it.
Ingredients:
4 jars of canned tomato sauce (shopped at my mothers cupboard)
1 can Tomato paste
Tons of seasonings:
- Italian Seasonings
- Garlic Powder
- Cavenders Seasoning (Salt Free)
- Basil
- Oregano
- Chili Powder
- Curry Powder
( I usually put chopped green peppers and onions in here but this time I decided not to. I also usually put onion powder in this but didn't realize we were out till I had already started making it)
1 lb ground turkey
2 chicken breasts (fat trimmed off and skinless boneless breasts)
2 cans of dark red kidney beans( I rinse them off first just by putting water in the can then using the lid to strain them)
Directions:
1. Pour the tomato sauce in the pan and add kidney beans
2. Add spices and stir it all together
3. Trim the chicken and slice into small bite sized pieces
4. Add chicken to sauce
5. After the ground turkey is thawed boil it. (this helps to remove any excess fat)
6. Once the ground turkey is done add that to the sauce
7. Stir all together and let cook. (do not stir too often else it will not thicken up properly)
Next time I cook something I will take more pictures
of the in between steps!
Im new to the whole blogging about what
I'm cooking and the whole
how to thing.
It can only get better!

No comments:
Post a Comment