Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Blog Series

Finances are nothing fun to talk about. Let alone deal with on a daily basis. I was young and dumb. Materialistic you could say. This is coming from the one who got student loans sent straight to her and decided to buy things with the money vs going to school with all of it. New 4WD suv, heck yea, new computer, why not! The list goes on and on. I wish I would have listened to my parents.(Yes, I have told them this numerous times) But I didn't want to listen to anyone I wanted to go and do what I wanted to do. Spend money on things I wanted right then and there. "Oh it will be fine, I will just pay it later." Little did I know later would come sooner than, well, later.

I am now 24 years old, have dropped out of college, tons of student loan debt, been through purchasing my first home, losing my first home and been through a bankruptcy. Mark my words, if I would have learned what I did from the videos I had to watch after filing my bankruptcy. I would not have filed for bankruptcy. This brings me to my new blog series. I want to get this information out there and make people aware.

I want to inform people as much as possible that they do not have to be in debt. I want schools to start teaching this information so that kids today have a better understanding of credit cards and student loans. I no longer want the banks and credit card companies to rule kids lives.

I will be making posts about ways to save money, places to get information, and what I do now to ensure I will never file for bankruptcy again!

If anyone ever has any questions about what I went through in my bankruptcy or anything about the situation I am very open about it and will provide any information you need. I am nonjudgemental I just really want to help others not make the same mistakes I did!

No comments: