Today started off rough, my smartphone took a crash after I updated skype mobile. Ipod shuffle was dead. I was on the phone so long with Verizon I did not have time to make my protein shake smoothie in the blender. So here I was, no music, no protein, no food of any kind in my stomach. I don't know about you but I rely on my music tremendously while running. So no music, no energy, I pushed myself to throw clothes on and pack my gym bag. I had everything on and ready to walk out the door and yes, the thought of taking it all off and laying on the couch crossed my mind. I knew I wouldn't be happy.
I got to the gym and did the usual stretching and ab workout then moved onto back. I got on the treadmil out in the open today, figuring that it would make me push myself that much harder. I usually use the treadmil in the dark, cardio theatre that has black lights and smaller amount of people. I got on the treadmil and started the journey for the day, no music what so ever. (even the music at the gym was really low) The voices in my head kept me going. (me pushing myself every minute) "C'mon steph only thiry more seconds you can do this" I don't know how many times I said that. Guess what? It worked, I felt like I was going to cry when I was on my last minute of running and then the last thiry seconds. I held the tears back but I was so proud of myself for pushing through it and acheiving a new level of accomplish. Just goes to show that I can do whatever I put my mind too. My mom was right! ;)
And yes I did feel like puking! Anyways it gets easier so I'm told! Wish me luck on the rest of my journey, I may need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment